One Set (two single pads) for one caliper. You need two sets for a full exchange.
Thickness complete: 7.8 mm; height x width: 43.1 x 80.2 mm
- BMW M 1000 RR ab 2021
- BMW S 1000 RR ab 2021
- Honda CBR 1000 RR-R (SC82) ab 2020
(all models with the Nissin calipers)
Material from World Championship! The improved sinter-technology with depending on manufacturer slightly different processings is the top-standard of brake pad material for racing. Primarily developed for endurance racing, they found their way into all classes of word championships, because of thier broad and linear modulation independent from wether conditions and high braking performance. And also the small wear makes them first choice to many teams. SBS is offering state of the art world championship material (e.g. Moto2, MotoGP wet conditions).
Brake pads are one part of the whole bike setting for the rider. Depending on the rest of the setting, depending on driving skills, depending on budget and intended use, different brake pads may offer the optimum. The differences in possible lap times between from us offered brake pads are to be assumed about a second or less. You find some more difference in wear and price-performance ratio. The individual optimum additionally can strongly depend on the personal feeling for the brake. We suggest therefor to test and use experiences (also from other riders).
Changing pads (short manual / suggestion):
- demount one caliper
- take off the old pads (remove bolts / spring, push out depending on model)
- clean the caliper complete (e.g. with teeth brush an detergent), check wear
- lubrify the pistons with ATE piston paste (e.g. with a 2nd brush)
- push back the pistons
- lubrify the edges and the back side of the pads with copper paste (do not lubrify friction surface)
- put the pads into the caliper like the old ones were in
- assemble the caliper to the bike, check funktion
- do the same with the 2nd caliper
Optional depending on caliper:
- check wear of bolts and springs, if is: replace
- use ceramic paste instead of copper paste (special calipers according to producer)
Always use fresh brake fluid and take care of a clean brake disk.